We are pleased to host two days of Gear Up Live Webinars Mondays September 21 & 28, 2020.
The seminars begin at 8am and end at 4:30pm both days.
Monday 9/21, BUSINESS ENTITIES: Speaker Chris Province 8 hours CPE (CPA & IRS CE)
Analyze the FFCRA’s required paid leave and refundable payroll tax credits. Understand The CARES Act and relief for employers - the employee retention credit and the payroll tax deferral opportunities, and other payroll changes and IRC Sec. 163(j) business interest limitation for the CARES Act changes and new elections. Review the SECURE Act changes to many retirement plan rules and the Coronavirus-related retirement plan distributions for what employers need to know. Use helpful tips for running your practice in a pandemic as well as navigating the current issues with the IRS. Review the changes to the miscellaneous issues of TCJA, changes to related party rules and their impact on the employee retention credit, accounting method changes for accrual-basis taxpayers, the temporary rollback of the TCJA changes to the net operating loss rules and technical changes to the depreciation rules and QIP (qualified improvement property).
Delivery Method for this course will be Group Internet-Based. The program level is Basic and there is no advanced preparation needed. There are no prerequisites. Recommended credits are 8.0 CPE credits and the field of study is Taxes.
Gear Up attendee requirements: To receive CPE credit, you must login to the online session. Participants are required to actively participate throughout the online session by responding to attendance prompts when requested.
Gear Up is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. Gear Up is approved for Group Live, Group Internet Based, and QAS Self Study delivery methods.
- CFP Credits: 8.0
- CTEC Credits: Federal Tax Law 8.0
- IRS Enrolled Agent Credits: Federal Tax/Tax Related Matters 8.0
- IRS Non-Credentialed Return Preparer Credits: Federal Tax 8.0
Gear Up is the CPE sponsor for this seminar. For more CPE information go to: https://checkpointlearning.thomsonreuters.com/CPEBrands/CPEGearUpCompliance.
The Gear Up Business Entities seminar is designed by tax practitioners for tax practitioners. It is the most comprehensive update and review of tax and economic issues facing small businesses. This course includes coverage of recent legislation, case law developments, and relevant notices, announcements, revenue rulings and procedures to help the busy practitioner stay current. Coverage includes:
required paid leave and refundable payroll tax credits.
- The CARES Act and relief for employers - the employee retention credit and the payroll tax deferral opportunities, and other payroll changes.
retirement plan distributions - what employers need to know.
- NOLs - a temporary rollback of the TCJA changes to the net operating loss rules.
Sec. 163(j) business interest limitation - CARES Act changes and new elections.
- Long-awaited technical changes to the depreciation rules and QIP (qualified improvement property).
party rules and their impact on the employee retention credit.
- Accounting method changes for accrual-basis taxpayers - the AFS income inclusion rule and new advanced payment guidance.
- Rev. Proc. 2020-25 and QIP implementation.
- The current news on the centralized partnership audit rules.
- The SECURE Act makes significant changes to many retirement plan rules.
- The pandemic created lots of tax issues including nexus, where did the employee really work.
- Helpful tips for running your practice in a pandemic.
- Retroactive changes to depreciation - are you ready.
- The IRS has become even more difficult to navigate. We have information to make it easier.
- A review of the changes to the miscellaneous issues of TCJA
Monday 9/28, PRACTICE MANAGEMENT: Speaker Dave Krebs 8 hours CPE (CPA)
- What will Covid mean for the practice of the future? Learn what the virtual office will look like.
- Is Covid an opportunity or a threat in 2020 and beyond? Learn what the future holds for the accounting and tax profession.
- Learn the creative art of pricing. We will explore advantages of value billing, such as making more, working less and having fun doing it. You will be able to raise your prices and your clients won’t object! Use guarantees in conjunction with price increases.
- Your customer’s perception is reality. Learn how to create proven marketing strategies that make your firm uniquely different in the accounting world. We will explore promotions, giveaways and other marketing methods to create a unique brand. Find out more about social media and websites in your practice.
- Become an expert business consultant for your accounting firm by applying the techniques learned to any business client. Learn to help a business achieve their goals. Develop the procedures to make it work smoothly. Monitor the results to improve the procedures.
- Get the tools to increase your bottom line by 20% or more.
- Join Dave Krebs as you laugh and learn then apply and earn
Maine Association of Professional Accountants
SAVE THE DATES: GEAR UP 1040 SEMINAR: DEC. 7 & 14, 2020
Visit our facebook page for updated information: www.facebook.com/ourmapa
Gear Up is the CPE sponsor for these seminars. For more CPE information go to: https://checkpointlearning.thomsonreuters.com/CPEBrands/CPEGearUpCompliance.
For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at207-892-2234.